The Organisers take individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains their policies and practices. The Organisers respect privacy of the Visitor and the Organisers will use their reasonable endeavours:
• to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to reasonably protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data the Organisers collect;
• to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide better service;
• to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
• not to disclose the personal data to external parties unless the Visitor has agreed, the Organisers are required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies or the Organisers have previously informed the Visitor.
(1) Information collection
In order to provide better service to the Visitor and to fulfil the purposes set out in the next paragraph, the Organisers may collect certain information when the Visitor registers with them or communicates with them. In the process, the Organisers may also collect personal information of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. As stated in the registration form, some of the requested information is mandatory and some of them the Visitor may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, the Organisers may be unable to provide the requested service. The Organisers only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in the next paragraph.
(2) Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by the Organisers include:
• processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting their trade fairs
• facilitating and enhancing their operations by incorporating the personal data into their database and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
• promoting and notifying the Visitor of their trade fairs in Vietnam and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by their affiliates and joint venture partners.
• distributing publications and research materials of their company
• marketing their services or products
• if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts I understand that by choosing to allow my badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor when at the event, I will be providing the exhibitor or sponsor with my personal data. I consent to this personal data being used to contact me about their products or services and understand that this partner or sponsor may transfer this data outside of Indonesia for these purposes and I consent to such transfer of my data. I also understand and agree that my personal data may be held and used by the Organiser, and any third party hosting provider acting on its behalf, in order to run the event and for analysing visitor traffic with a view to improving the event experience for visitors.
The Organisers may use personal data of the Visitor, including its name, email address and physical address to conduct direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in Vietnam and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by their affiliates and joint venture partners, as well as the promotion of their services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to the Visitor. The Organisers will not so use the personal data of the Visitor unless the Organisers have received the Visitor’s consent to the said intended use. The Visitor may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply notifying the Organisers through the below contact details, and the Organisers will cease to do so, without charge.
(3) Disclosure / Transfer of Data
The Organisers will keep the personal data they hold confidential but may provide or transfer the personal data to: • their agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, and service providers in connection with their operations or services for facilitating and enhancing their operations and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data • their overseas offices, affiliates, joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purposes of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in Vietnam and around the world • persons to whom the Organisers are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Vietnam
(4) Cookies [applicable to online user]
(5) Security In general
Personal Data of the Visitor is kept confidential and is only accessible by authorised personnel. Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used on the secured web areas of the Organisers. The Organisers recommend that the Visitor do not divulge his/her User Login Name and Password to anyone. The personnel of the Organisers will never ask the Visitor for his/her User Login Name and Password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Remember to sign out of his/her Account and close the browser window when the Visitor has finished his/ her session with the Website. The Visitor is responsible for all activities that occur under his/ her User Account and Password.
(6) Hyperlinks [applicable to online user]
(8) Transfer of Data Overseas
The Organisers will generally hold personal data of the Visitor on their servers in Vietnam. However, the Organisers may transfer it to their overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 4(3) above, who may be located elsewhere.
(9) Consent and rights of the Visitor
By checking the appropriate box below or by signing at the space provided below, the Visitor consents to the collection and use of his/her personal data as outlined in this Statement, including the use and provision of his/her personal data for direct marketing. Individuals have the right:
• to check whether the Organisers hold personal data about the Visitor and to access such data
• to require the Organisers to correct inaccurate data
• to ascertain policies and practices of the Organisers in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by them. Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to: The Organisers may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request. For security purpose and in order to prevent and detect crime, Visitors may be subject to a random bag search and CCTV camera recording in the Exhibition Centre.